Sunday, February 14, 2010

What I Love

On this special day to honor love, here are some of the things I love. It’s not an exhaustive list, just some random musings. Perhaps you can relate to a few of these or add your own by posting comments.

I love God my creator who remains a mystery to me in many ways. I love my wife of 35 years and our only son, now 32 years old. They have patiently allowed me to learn how to be a husband and father. I love my parents who taught me about faith, the value of work, and the importance of giving to others. They believed in me and still do. I love my brothers and sister – one brother gone too young. Together we learned the value of creative play, how to share, and that working together can be fun.

I love my work – teaching, coaching, and mentoring others. I love the people I work with and the many clients I have served these past six years. They have enriched my life in so many ways. I love the Indian Valley business community and its leaders who make this area a special place to live and work.

I love my church – a community of faith that has become another home and family. I love the persons in my small group who have become dear friends and mentors. I love the Sunday school class I teach – men and women in their 80’s and 90’s who remain open to learning and generously share their wisdom with me. I love Sam, my special senior friend, who has modeled gracious living and generous giving.

I love my early morning walks – a time for meditation, prayer, and listening. I love mowing grass and the warmth of a summer sun. I love reading and learning new things. I love thinking strategically about the future. I love anything Flyers, Steelers, or Penn State. I love traveling anywhere with my wife. I love a hot cup of Wawa coffee, especially first thing in the morning. I love my new Volkswagen CC. I love sampling ethnic foods with people who know what to recommend on the menu. I love social media and all my Facebook friends, LinkedIn connections, and Twitter Tweeps.

I love writing this blog each week and hope others love to read it.

No comments: